Thursday, June 28, 2018

Diane At Plaza Park

Walked Kimball, then spent the entire morning plowing through all the paper/computer work and telephoning I've put off. It was a pile, but I'm SO GLAD I got it done.
I expressed my frustration over the Toastmasters web site in an e-mail to Fern and that nice lady responded with understanding and sympathy. We agreed I'll just cook it for now and try to get in the damn thing later.
Made my salad and packed my Chardonnay and utensils and so on, then took off for town.  El called on the way to see if I had any extra blankets--sure, and I'll be back home by 2:30 or so.
Parked at the museum and walked to Plaza Park, arriving just as Diane did. We enjoyed our usual lunch together and, just as much, some lengthy discussions. We pondered the homeless/vagrant problem, which, of course, seems insurmountable, at least until we treat people as humans instead of vermin.
Diane suggested that next week, we meet at Aloha Restaurant on the beach, as she's researched it and they have happy hour at 3:00, with $1.95 beers, plus $3.95 appetizers.  Hey, would I object?  Hell, no, and we made the date. We walked together to the library, then parted, and I drove home.
El called to say she was at Green Thumb, then came and met me at my place. I lent her a blanket and a large throw for her company--mine, too!--who are due to blow in tomorrow. Oh, joy--my boy and his girls will be here soon!
A bummer happened after dinner: I felt like going for a drive, went to Smart 'n' Final and got a long scratch all down the right side of my car because I didn't see a cart there. Complained to manager, he gave the number of corporate, which I'll call, although I know the odds of having them do anything are about a zillion to zero.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...