Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Frustration

Walked Kimball and that was the high point of the day.
That'll tell something about the idiotic, frustrating, and infuriating experience I had. I don't want to go into a song and dance about it, but I had called Fern, who is my Toastmasters "mentor," and has been so patient and understanding. The problem is negotiating the freakish web site--I can't do it. We decided I'd bring my laptop over and we'd go over it.  I did, but my laptop is hooked directly to the wi-fi--or whatever the hell it is--and it said I had no internet, even though I was at Fern's and she has wi-fi.
I was there about an hour while she went over all the ins and outs, very kindly. The problem is, she tells me too much in a steady stream, when I just want to know how to BEGIN, fer cryin' out loud!'
But never mind and the hell with it. Went home for lunch, then to Michael's for some containers, then to WinCo for food, then to town for my walk and a bit of reading.
Ran into Diane, who said Anacapa, where we had planned to meet today, is too expensive for her, so we'll just bring our lunches to the park again. Probably just as well.
I'm not sure if it was because of the web site problem, but after I got up for the usual at midnight, it took me an age to fall asleep again. Now I'm feeling groggy; maybe I'll take a nap after Kimball.


No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...