Saturday, June 30, 2018

They're Here!

After Kimball, I went to T.O.P.S.  I had forgotten I had been down a pound last week and this time, I was at 128.4, which is a tiny gain, but I shrugged it off. Sharon did the "program," if you can call it that, by reading from a supermarket brochure several paragraphs of "mindful eating," the cliche concept du jour.   It was so trite and juvenile, I almost fell off my chair.
Finally escaped, had breakfast and did a few little tasks, then packed some cherries and half the yellow watermelon and took off for Ellen's.
Happy day!  Mike and the girls were already there and we had a fine time. Vivian is actually taller than I am by an inch or so, and Violet is the picture of my older sister, Gene. The girls both have birthdays in July, when they'll be 14 and 10. We sat and chatted for a bit, then drove to the park in town. Violet enjoyed a lot of the playground equipment and Vivian was polite, but clearly considered the activities a bit beneath her.
I know just how she feels! We talked and it was such fun to hear her wishes and wants. She'd like to live in the U.S., in "a neighborhood," wants to got to MIT, and wishes there were other girls her age around. I remember myself at that age and related so completely; I wish I had had more choices than she does.
We then cruised the little shops on Main Street and Viv bought a few items. Stopped at Von's for fresh tuna steaks and other fixings for fish tacos. Back to El's after that, where we sat in the lovely back yard--the weather was heavenly, about 77 degrees--with iced tea (or, in my case, a Margarita). Had a good dinner--who knew you put things like red cabbage on tacos--fairly late. I wanted to leave before full dark, so escaped helping with the cleanup (ha!) and drove off at 7:30. (Greg worked until 8:00, so I didn't see him.)
Today: the lavender festival! I was asked to be at El's about 9:30 and we'll go there. After that? Dunno, but I'm open for anything.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...