Monday, June 04, 2018

Comics And Cherie/Sheri

I didn't get up until 6:00, so was later than usual at Kimball. That was okay and it was wonderfully warm and sunny--very enjoyable. Did my Sunday things, then a few things around the apartment. I had told Connie I'd call her at 2:00, so I drove to town early. Reversed my usual and parked at the library,  then walked to the museum. Director Elena was there and greeted me warmly.
I went through the museum, which is small, wanting to particularly see the cartoonist exhibit. Chuck W., a friend of my older son's, was a cartoonist for Superman comics, and knew some of them, including Jack Kirby, who, I learned at the display, had lived in Thousand Oaks near here. He died several years ago. A lot of his work was shown, as was that of other artists. I greatly enjoyed the exhibit and told Elena I would be back for lunch in the courtyard on Thursday. Went to WinCo after lunch for a multitude of fruits and vegetables. Because I eat so much fresh, I have to replenish my provisions often; I actually like to do that.
I wasn't able to connect with Connie about my Caroline Dudley stint until about 4:00.  We then talked for an hour about the mix-up. AND I found there are two with the same (sounding) first name--one spelled "Cherie," who is president of Dudley House and the other spelled "Sheri," who is the one I spoke to. The latter is very active in all kinds of county affairs. Connie had thought I had been referring to the former, when it was actually the latter and--oh, hell, it's  all straighten out and I feel a  lot better about it.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...