Wednesday, June 20, 2018

"I Feel Pretty" And yondoo

Did all the morning stuff, walking Kimball is pretty cool temps. I'm looking forward to the weather heating up soon.
Called Sheri O., the Dudley House person, and made a date to go to her place on Friday afternoon to view various props. I better start getting serious now about researching and writing my talk as Caroline Dudley.  Got my plane tickets for New Mexico; I leave on July 16 and return on the 24th. I have to arrange to get to the Sheraton for the shuttle to LAX, then reserve a place on the shuttle. I'll ask Nancy for the former, as she gets up early.
Met Nancy at the Regency at 11:50. We saw I Feel Pretty, which was goofy fluff, but fun. We then repaired to The Cave and had their excellent Chardonnay and yummy/ delicious goat cheese plates. Nobody does appetizers as well as The Cave.
We sat and talked so long it was 4:30 before we left. I went to the post office from there to mail a birthday present to Tokyo, then drove directly to town for my second walk. I reversed it by parking at the library and walking to the museum in somewhat cool weather.
I was pleased on the way home to get a call from niece Carolyn, inviting me to a birthday party on Sunday for Claire, who will be twelve. Sure, of course, I'd love to, especially as Carolyn already invited Ellen, who will go and she'll drive. (Claire will actually be twelve tomorrow, my sixtieth anniversary.)  I told her I'd bring some clothes for Betty which I can't wear anymore.
After dinner (just veggies this time), I sat down at the laptop and was annoyed to be told there was  no Internet connection.  I called yondoo (that's exactly the way they spell it, and with no capital, the illiterate nerds) and was told "the engineers are working on the problem." Damn it, this is the second time in a week this happened with the new outfit. May they be strung up on their own wireless crapola. (I know that doesn't make sense, but it makes me feel better.)

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...