Monday, June 25, 2018

Party!

As has become standard, I walked Kimball very early--home by 7:10.  I immediately took a load to the laundry place, then had time to go back and put it in the dryer before breakfast.
The usual Sunday, then I assembled and wrapped Claire's presents, plus pulled together a few other things I wanted to take to Carolyn's, including some clothes for Betty. Got to Ellen's a little after three. She had thought we had agreed on 3:45, so wasn't ready, but no prob, she was soon. She drove to Santa Barbara and we joined the birthday party for the twelve-year-old.
It was a lot of fun. Nephew Steve and his Robyn were there with their boy, Dex, along with some kids and friends of Carolyn's and Dana's, including their physicist friend from Germany. (C. and D's boy, Finn, had visited with his family in Dusseldorf (?) two years ago.)
The buffet, all made by Dana, was just delicious. There was chili--actually the best I ever tasted, not from a can, but put together from scratch--with hunks of "peasant bread," plus homemade macaroni and cheese, salad, and a few other sides.  The robust red wine was a perfect complement (that's what the wine reviewers say!) and I also indulged in a messy, calorie-packed, divine piece of birthday cake.
We had such a good time. I consulted Robyn* about my Victorian outfit for the Carrie Dudley gig and we talked a lot about it. I'll send her further specifications soon. We stayed until about 7:00, then said goodbye and drove back to El's. Got my car and was home by 9:30.  Stayed up for my fruit and Forensic Files and didn't set the alarm. Slept late--6:30--and now it's 7:00, but will dress and get the Kimball walk in.
* Robyn is a costumer and was actually nominated for an award for her work.

No comments:

Friday

Note: I cannot understand this: I modified this, then published and got the message it would revert to a publishing date of April 26th. Why ...