Thursday, December 01, 2016

Various Doings

I am absolutely bound and determined to get to the end of going through and organizing family memorabilia. I finally finished the second to last container and now have just one to go. These are already semi-organized; now I just have to find a place to store them.
So I spend the better part of the morning doing that. I then remembered I had promised Vera I would set up a better sign-up sheet and so on for Soaring Spirits (or, as I call it, the widder group), and I switched to that. I'm still not finished, as it's more complicated than I thought it would be.
Put it all aside to meet Nancy for a lobster and steak lunch at The Black Angus. It was okay, but of course the lobster was frozen and I wouldn't be surprised if the meat was, too. Neither were particularly tender, but they were okay and Nancy and I, of course, chatted away. We'll both be at the BCCC holiday lunch at the Wedgewood Country Club tomorrow, as will all my friends except Gabrielle. She, I'll see the Sunday after next at the luncheon with Golden Girls of Ventura County.
Also coming up is the Bonaventure this Saturday--it's some kind of holiday program plus lunch--where I'll meet Doris. Then there's Dr. Woodling's talk at The Townhouse on Friday, after which I may or may not stay for the wine and music. Finally, Donna is having a private party on the tenth at her home--open house from 3:00 on.
I was toying with the idea of going to the museum for a TEDMED speaker series today, but I just got up at 7:15 and it starts at 8:00, so I won't.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...