Thursday, December 08, 2016

Busy

Another busy one. Unfortunately, it didn't include walking Kimball. I drove there and it was so cold, I just couldn't subject myself to a mile and a half. If I had a warm coat or jacket, I certainly would have, but I don't. One of these days I'll buy one.
After breakfast, I worked up an invitation for the Twin Party and e-mailed it to my friends. So far, three have already responded in the affirmative and I do expect others. Actually, if they all came, it would be seventeen people, just of my friends; however, I doubt if they'll all come.
My older friend, Joyce, e-mailed me back that she was afraid to open the attachment. Since I was going to the library, which is near her place, I told her I'd stop and give her a print one. I did, she invited me in, and we chatted. She also gave me a bag of tangerines that grow on her own tree in her own yard. I'll never get far enough away from Jersey not to be wowed by that.
Got gas, picked up my RX from Wal-Mart (I was amazed it was only twelve bucks), then traveled on to the library. For a change, I picked up two fiction books--both by Lawrence Block. His have continuing characters--a hit man named Keller and a woman who arranges the hits. I know that sounds pretty raunchy, but he writes well and goes into psychological depth, and it's well done.
Stopped at Vons on the way home for more chocolate chips and chopped nuts, as I'll be making two batches of cookies for Monday. If it makes the "required" five dozen, fine; if not, the hell with it, I'm not making more than two batches.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...