Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Betty Gone

Betty and I had a good, if quiet, day. I did the wash routine in the morning while she busied herself with games on her phone, and so on. We then went to Mimi's, where Betty treated me to a breakfast of poached eggs, sausage, hash browns, toast, and coffee--yummy yum. We went from there to the post office and she stayed in the car while I went in to mail my (big) grandson's present. Yoicks, the line was composed of at least fifty people, maybe more! I took one look and decided to come back today.
Betty was anxious to go to the 99-cent store, so we went there and she bought lots of great items, including a huge teddy bear for her granddaughter (the store has a number of items that cost more than 99 cents), Christmas wrapping, and all kinds of other goodies.
I then took Betty for a little car tour of town, with some scenic views, of which this area of Ventura abounds. Home, I made lunch, then we busied ourselves with this and that. We sat on the patio, which was warm and sunny, and chatted happily. Betty packed, her daughter Carolyn came to pick her up, then we said goodbye. We'll see each other at the twins' birthday party on the 29th, and I hope she can stay over again after the new year.
Now I have to get serious about buying presents, various projects I'm into, and associated concerns.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...