Saturday, October 22, 2016

T.O.P.S. and Telephone

Darn--I went to T.O.P.S. and skipped Kimball. Now I could kick myself for skipping, as I could easily have done both. I did lose some weight, though, and it was an enjoyable meeting.
I waited inside all day for the AT & T person to come. Got a pork loin out of the freezer and simmered it in the slow cooker with onion and mushroom soups. Hard-boiled eggs to put in my salad and cut up onions and green peppers for a stir-fry tonight.
Called AT & T about 2:00 and was told the technician would be there between 8 am and 8 pm--quite a stretch. However, the tech would call an hour ahead, and dummkopf me forgot they'd call on my cell, so I could have gone out all day. I did finally go out for a few things, including Halloween cards for the three kiddies in Asia.
Doris called to remind me about the medical insurance thing which she, Carole, and I will attend on Monday at 10:00. J.C., of Communication Services, will be here between noon and 4:00, so I'll cut out in time to be here. What a hassle, especially changing my number again AND if, as I intend to, get a smartphone later and use that as my only one, so it'll change again.
But as Ellen would ask, "Did somebody die?" No, of course not, so it's senseless for me to get agitated about this.
I called AT & T again about 6:30 pm and found I didn't have to be there, after all, and they wouldn't call me, they would switch it from outside. Now it's 8:48 am and I hope it's done. Later, I'll call my new number and see.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...