Friday, October 07, 2016

Not A Lot

I waited in for the Communications Services guy to come about my phone and Wi-Fi. I was told he would be here between 9 and 12 am and J.C. (no, he's hardly Christ-like) got here about four minutes before noon. I asked about the password for the Wi-Fi and he said he had told me it's on the bottom of the router. He probably did tell me, but he mumbles so much, I almost surely didn't understand him. When I asked about the phone, which goes blank every fourth or fifth word, he said the same thing happens when he talks to his brother, because he has it on speaker phone. At that point, I just decided the hell with it. When I get back from my trip, I'll just switch the phone to AT & T or wherever.
Took clothes to wash at the laundry place. Waiting there was a woman named Lou Ann. I had seen her around, but we hadn't met. We introduced ourselves and chatted a bit. Lou Ann has very severe arthritis and uses a walker and cane. Even with them, she has difficulty, poor thing. She probably my age; was born in L.A. and has lived in Ventura Del Sol for six years.
Hauled out my large suitcase and will be filling it little by little until tomorrow, when I leave.
Aside from driving to Goodwill and picking up the mate of the lawn chair I had bought the other day, I didn't go out much before dinner. I did spend a lot of time on my new play, which is shaping up pretty well. As almost all mine are, it's a one-acter.
Drove into town about 6:00 intending to go to the library, but didn't. Just drove out a bit, then home. Betty called and we talked. So--not a whole heck of a lot going on.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...