Sunday, January 31, 2016

Nice Day With Dotter*

Turned out to be a very enjoyable day. Early on, I texted Ellen to see if her cold was any better and she wrote back asking if I'd like to go to lunch after she showered. Well, sure, and we did. We went to Two Trees Restaurant, where neither of us had been before. It's just a little luncheonette, but served beer, which always blows my mind (you can take the girl out of Jersey--etc.). I had a patty melt and a Corona and incredibly, it was served with a lemon wedge. I asked for lime and the cheery server said they had none. This is the second time this scenario played since I've been here; I always want to say, "This is California and you don't have limes?" However, it was no big deal and they gave me frosted glass, so all was forgiven.
After, we went back to Ellen's and did a few housekeepy things. We speculated whether my antique table would fit anywhere in her house. After a lot of back and forth, we reluctantly--well, I was reluctant--decided it wasn't feasible. Now the damn table, which I thought would be snapped up by a dealer for three or four thou is starting to seem like an albatross--or at least, a seagull--around my neck. Must deal with it soon. In the meantime, I listed it on Craigslist for $1500 or b.o.
We went to Wal-Mart and El shopped for this and that while I got several things I've been wanting, including a timer (can barely hear the one on the stove). Went back to El's and we made a date to meet at the Nail Spa to get pedicures today. Will meet at 2:00, so I can be all spiffy for my colonoscopy on Tuesday. (AAGH! Let me erase that from my mind!)
*That's California-ese for female offspring.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...