Sunday, January 10, 2016

Stuff

Did some chores and household stuff early on, then went to Primary Medical. (Dr. J. had told me she was referring me to a pulmonolgist, but there was nothing in the visitation summary I was given to indicate who or where. I had called the office and was called back with the number, but didn't have anything in writing like a referral or explanation for the doctor.)
I guess on Saturday Primary Medical doesn't have a full staff, as there was only one doctor and two staff members that I could see. (I hadn't realized they were open on Saturday at all.) Talked to one and she looked up on the computer, but didn't see any indication of it at all. I had already complained--mildly--to Dr. J. about the iron supplement fiasco, but this is worse. Upshot was, I was told the name of Dr. J.'s "medical assistant" (that sure as hell ain't the same as "physician's assistant," as I've had in Jersey; probably means she has a high school equivalency and can hand out paper.) Anyway, I won't call, I'll go back in tomorrow.
Went to Trader Joe's and Ralph's (supermarket); latter seems to be getting more expensive all the time. Got a card for my darling first grandson, who was 34 on Thursday, put a check in, and sent it off. Brought five used ink cartridges to Staples and will get some kind of cockamamie e-mail discount on future purchases.
Spent a lot of time continuing my research on a sleeper sofa, for which I don't want to pay an arm and a leg, but which must be reasonably compact enough to fit on a certain wall. Ellen called and we made a date to look at such furniture today. She also said she'd help me measure more accurately--that'll be good, but so will just seeing her.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...