Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Fun Day With Some of my Favorites

I woke up with an indelicate gastrointestinal problem, on which I don't want to elaborate. I also felt tired, an ominous situation. I know my friend and her husband were coming about 1:00 and I actually napped on and off until about noon. By the time they got here, I was up and dressed and feeling considerably better.
They took my new bookcase out of the carton and set it up--looks great in the bedroom and I'm going to be happy to arrange it today with books and other items. Finally, it rained, but only for part of the day and just mildly; we didn't even need umbrellas.*
We then went to the Ventura Courthouse, an historic and quite beautiful building. Toured it for an hour or so, then went to the beach. The ocean was pretty wild--for California--what with the rain and wind, was interesting to see, but far from the crashing waves you see during a storm in the Atlantic.*
I had a doctor's appointment at 4:00 (consultation for my coming colonoscopy) and my friend went with me. After talking to the doctor, we set February 2 as the date for the damn thing.
After, my friend texted Ellen to ask her to come for dinner. Friend had brought a good rice dish and added stir-fried broccoli. El and Greg came over and the five of us had a grand time at my first dinner party. Okay, it wasn't exactly my dinner party--my friend did all the work--but it was at my place.
We talked and laughed and had a ball. Gregg insisted on going out to get ice cream and cookies for dessert, and we all enjoyed that, too. We sat for a time in the living room talking, then it was time for my girls to say goodbye. How I'll miss our friend and her husband, but I hope to visit them in New Mexico during 2016. I'm so grateful I have Ellen nearby.
* The big, dramatic headline in The Ventura Star today is "City Survives Wave."

4 comments:

iloveac said...

Rosemary, you must change the date for you colonoscopy. Feb 2nd is a High Holy day--it's Pauxatawny Phil's day and MY BIRTHDAY. Merriment is required on that day so Phil will see his shadow.

Mimi said...

Oh, Pat, I beg your pardon! But let's do this: I will DEDICATE my colonoscopy to you! As for Phil--well, he can get his own colon sponsor,

iloveac said...

Sounds kinda poopy, but OK.

Mimi said...

HA!

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...