Tuesday, January 05, 2016

Widder Lunch and So On

Picked up Joyce for lunch with the Widder Group (it's really called "Soaring Spirits," but I think that's lame) at Yolanda's, of course. I had liked Paula's beef quesadillas, which she had made us when we were there, so I ordered that. These weren't as good as hers, but still tasty.
There were ten or twelve attendees, including Chuck; I told him my daughter and I had been over in Ojai on Christmas (where he was serving lunch to the "houseless," as he calls them, with his fundamentalist Christian group). He said I should have let him know, but I didn't want to interfere.
Nancy came in and we made space for her near us; she, Joyce, and I have really bonded. Anther member, Pam, and I got to talking and I learned she has pernicious anemia because her body doesn't process B12. I was very interested, as her symptoms were like mine: extreme fatigue, breathlessness, and a low hemoglobin count. She gets some kind of shot or medication periodically.
After a leisurely time, we said goodbye and I took Joyce home. She lives in a large house, alone, now that her husband is gone, and it must be worth a bundle. She had her knee replaced six weeks ago and is disturbed because she isn't healing as quickly as she'd like.
After that, I took my table pad to Fabrictown USA, thinking they had a big cutter and might cut it for me. However, they don't. The woman was very nice and gave me cards of people who sew. I took down a few phone numbers, but think I'll try doing it myself. Drove to the thrift store and picked up three attractive plant containers for the plants at bought at the Bontanic Gardens. Total cost--$4.40.
Stopped at the bank to get a check registry. I want to start 2016 with a new one. Got a card from Joan (Millen) Hardman, who asked if I'd text her my phone number. Dunno if I really want to tag up with her again.
I was delighted to find a big box at my door; it's the folding bookcase I ordered--can't wait to see it set up. My friend and/or her husband will do it for me. She called to say they'll come over today. They're leaving tomorrow--sob!--so the holiday will be officially over. Wouldn't you know, it's raining and they'll have to drive that huge RV back to New Mexico in it.
I have an appointment with the colonoscopy doctor late this afternoon and with my regular doctor tomorrow.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...