Monday, January 04, 2016

Bouncy Place

It was a bouncy, flippy, floppy day with Vivian, Violet, and cousin Claire. Mike and the girls picked me up about 11:00 and we zipped off to Camarillo. I presented the receipt for the sessions I got V. and V. for Christmas and--was informed that the fine print said yesterday was a black out day. Darn! But Mike paid for all three and the guy at the desk said Groupon would probably refund my forty bucks.
We stayed until about 2:00, when the girls were flipped out, then went to The Curry Leaf in the same town. This is the Indian restaurant owned by Gregg's friend, but I heard later he was ill. There was only one person hosting, taking orders, serving, clearing up, and boy, was he harried. The place was pretty crowded and it took some time for the food, although what Mike ordered for us was very good.
Leaving there, we drove back to my place where I commiserated about having to leave them; they're taking off for San Francisco this morning. Mike diffidently suggested I could go back up to Montecito with them, then take the train back from Santa Barbara and Ellen could pick me up. I agreed--maybe too impulsively, but went.
We just stayed at the rented house for a half hour or so, then I said I'd go to niece Carolyn's when they took Claire home and I did. I knew she'd have no problem taking me to the station and I had a nice visit with her, Dana, Finn, and Claire. Mike and Paula had given them a lot of food they hadn't used and they made pizza. I was full from lunch and Carolyn made me delicious yogurt and fruit. Train left at 6:58 and Carolyn took me to the station. I had called, then texted El asking her to pick me up--it was scheduled to take only 389 minutes and she agreed. Got to the station, bought my ticket, got on the train, settled into a seat, and we got going.
About eight minutes later, we stopped and it was announced that we had to wait for a north-bound train to pass. (I can never understand this; they don't run on the same track, do they?) And we waited...and waited...and waited. El and I kept texting back and forth. I was mindful that she goes back to work today and had a lot to do to prepare--hated to pull her away from it. The upshot was we were delayed FORTY MINUTES, so it took just about twice as long to get to Ventura as it should have. But okay, it finally did, El was there to pick we up, we whizzed home, and I got in before 9:00.
Got messages from New-Friend-Nancy and Just-As-New-Joyce and we three will go to the Widders Luncheon today. I'll pick J. up, as she recently had knee surgery.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...