Thursday, January 21, 2016

Feeling Better

I'm relieved to say I'm feeling considerably better. Tuesday, I spent a lot of time on things that didn't get me moving much, but yesterday, I was much more energetic.
Margaret came at 9:00 and was delighted to take the bench away. I'm glad she'll get use out of it and now it's out of my hair Spent the rest of the morning going through piles of papers, notes, and bills, and filing, adding to income tax info, and/or throwing away. Then I drove into town, parked on Santa Clara, and walked to several stores. I browsed around The Coalition Thrift Store and another across the street--didn't buy anything, as I don't need anything--and spent some time in a florist shop. I want to get some cacti and succulents, but think I'll wait until other things are settled.
Went to the furniture store where we had seen the sofa I might buy. I'm torn. I like it, but is it going to just overpower the room? I did measure and yes, it will fit, but I wonder if I should just settle for a love seat or a more scaled-down sofa. Dunno and haven't made a decision yet.
Stopped at an antique shop and talked to the proprietor about my table. She asked me to send her picture and I will, but I suspect she won't offer much, if she bites at all.
Drove to The Goodwill Thrift--who knows why, as I don't really want to bring anything else in. However, I browsed around. Went next door to Ralph's for oranges and stewed prunes. The first they had, the second didn't. Incredible; it's supposed to be a regular supermarket.
However, I came home a bit before 5:00 and was pleased to see it was still light out. Zapped myself a mediocre frozen dinner--chicken something or other--because I didn't feel like cooking.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...