Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Chores Day

Chore day. It was first cloudy, then it rained, very gently, but it was wet. Took my clothes over in between the drops and managed to wash, dry, and fold without problem. I moved the gateleg of my large, heavy antique table, making it half as deep, then moved some other things and put it against the back wall. Frees up a lot of space.
I reluctantly put my blonde wood bench on CraigsList in the free section, adding a picture. It couldn't have been a half hour later I got the first call. It was from a pleasant young woman named Margaret and she was going to come get it a 4:00. However, it was still raining and she called to see if she could come this morning--sure, good idea. Almost immediately after Margaret did, four more people called about the bench. I had to tell them it was taken, then I just removed it from the list. It's ironic: I had had the bench for sale on Craigslist for--I think, thirty bucks or so, with no takers. Should have put it u p for free to begin with, as I have no place for it at all.
I looked up the "advice on breaking into acting" letter I had sent John D., Fred H., and several others who asked me to send them information on "how to do it." Of course, it's very obvious what you can do if you just think a bit, starting with readings, then finding out what little theatre groups are in your area. I modified a lot of it to suit Pam and Chuck, and I'll send it off. Won't hurt and may help.
Did a lot of other boring stuff. At 4:30, it occurred to me I hadn't been out all day except to the laundry place. Took a drive though it was still raining just to clear my head (and it works for me). I've always disliked staying in all day, here or in Jersey or wherever. Maybe it has something to do with the fact I didn't learn to drive until I was 45 and it's still a tiny bit of a thrill for me. Imagine, I can get in a car and go anywhere I please--yahoo!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...