Thursday, January 08, 2015

More of the Same

We walked our usual, but hit a stretch of Seagull Drive with ice on both sidewalk and street--maybe fifty feet.  Very, very carefully, we edged our way down, walking some of the time on the grass. That's okay, but it was snow-covered and when there's a dip or stone or something underneath, you don't see until you trip over it. Because I have somewhat of a balance problem, I have a great fear of falling, so I may be over cautious at times, but better s. than s., sez I.  Anyway, we made it.
Spent an age packing again.  I had two very heavy boxes destined for the thrift store--my summer dishes--and three sort of heavies, which I sent Ellen. That makes five I sent across country and, as long as Ellen is okay with it, there'll be a lot more.
Happy day, the guy from Anchor came and fixed up my fridge.  I'm delighted and to celebrate, I actually bought a bottle (carton? plastic container?) of milk.  Meant to have it on cereal for dinner, but forgot.
Drove to Manahawkin and picked up a supply of Chardonnay, including a bottle called "Wine For Dummies" that cost $3.99. Since wine at the eight or nine dollar level is often considered akin to rat gut, I can't wait to taste this.
Betty called; she's back from the far west and is coming up today. We'll go to lunch, then I'll show her the clothes and jewelry I culled from my collection and see if she wants any.  I have it all spread out in a display in the guest room and whatever she leaves goes straight to the thrift store.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...