Saturday, January 31, 2015

Consignment

My recycle container, which is provided by the township and is very large, was filled so high yesterday I could barely wheel it to the curb.  I discarded an enormous amount of paper, plus various things made of glass and metal, plus a lawn chair that had been my mother's, plus lots of other stuff.  It gave me a great deal of satisfaction to see it hoisted high by steel arms and dumped into the trash truck.
Made an interesting find: a shoebox-sized container filled with foreign and domestic bills and coins. Not sure if some could be worth something, but will find out.
My friend came at 3:15 to get my Lucite radio and box camera down from the high shelf in the study.  She then loaded my "lady desk" and other consignment items into my car.  She also delivered the money realized from the the sale of my car for scrap. Then she insisted I take the dough from selling the snow-blower my husband had given her and her husband when we moved here.  I argued she should keep that money--the blower was theirs, not mine--but she refused, so here I am, stuck with a total of 400 bucks--woe is me (heh, heh).
She no sooner left than I jumped in the car and drove to Downtown Consignment in Manahawkin.  I was pleased that proprietor Denise accepted all my stuff and approved most of the prices I wanted to realize.
Bought a piece of salmon at Acme to celebrate; enjoyed that and enjoyed even more a virtual visit with the baby doll in Tokyo.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...