Monday, January 05, 2015

Continuing the Great Clean-Out

Got winter wear (hats, heavy scarves, gloves) spread out on the bed and chose which I'll keep.  Added pocketbooks, large and small. After, I put what was left on the dining room table and awaited my friend and her husband.
They came about 2:00, bringing the round (oval with leaves) maple table and three chairs I'll take to California. My friend took some jewelry and scarves, plus a brown wool, fur-lined hat, ear flaps and all, that I bought in a weak moment several years ago. (Looks like it belongs to ole man Moody down in the holler.)  We parted with mutual thanks, then I rushed off to Manahawkin for errands.  You'd think a typhoon was on its way considering the mobs in the stores, but no, it was just a regular weekend.
Went to Staples for ink and ordered a stamp with son Mike's name and address (I send on a lot of his mail).  Stopped at Kohl's; thought I'd pay my bill and use the "Kohl's cash" (ten bucks) I had gotten in the mail.  Incredibly, you can't pay your bill there with a card; must have cash or check and I never carry the latter. However, I got a shirt for my oldest grandson's birthday and will add some dough.
Got a few dollar store things, then got ingredients at Shop-Rite for a chicken recipe I'll make today.  Stopped at Anchor Appliances and made a date to have my fridge looked; it's been running warm--around fifty degrees--for months.  Freezer's okay, though.
Made meatballs.  You can buy them frozen, but they're not nearly as good and they're so easy to make.
As I remarked to my friend, the clothes clear out is a piece of cake compared to what's coming up: dishes, for one category.  I have three complete sets, plus dozens of serving dishes and so on. Glasses?  I have tumblers tall and small, juice, beer, champagne, white and red wine, brandy, shot glasses--oh, you name it and I've got it. These are the items it will be tough to get rid of, as they're both breakable and heavy--but I will prevail!    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...