Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Exercise and Chicken

First exercise session at 9:30.
Hey, this isn't for tabby cats; it's pretty rigorous, using both stretch-pulls and balls.  For about a quarter of the hour, participants lie on the floor (they bring mats).  But I know my limits and I know I would never be able to get up, so opted for a chair, as a few others did.  It worked out fine (literally and figuratively) that way.
I reacted like a second-grader when teacher Ann Marie complimented me me on following through so well: proud as punch. She expressed concern that I have 3 pound weights and exchanged them for her 2-pounders for a time. After a few minutes, though, seeing my prowess, she returned the heavier ones. Considering my weight gain and the fact I haven't been attending the Leslie Sansone exercises, I was pleased at doing so well.
Our "Sparklers" luncheon was cancelled.  Not only is snow dusting the ground, but I was told a number of members are ill.  Just as well, as I had plenty to do.  I packed up another load of DQ stuff and took it off to the P.O.
I had invited Aline for dinner and was a little concerned at whether the streets would be icy because of the light snow which fell all day.  However, I just drove carefully and picked A. up when she got off work at 5:00.
We had a good, congenial time, as ever.  She loved the chicken, red potatoes, and string beans--all fresh, not frozen.  Besides the tasty meal, we enjoyed good talk and laughs.  I invited her to view the jewelry and scarfs I still had on the dining room table, and she took some bracelets and a nice scarf.  Think I'll keep them until Betty comes up (probably Friday) and see if she wants any, then I'll cart them off to the thrift store.
Anchor Appliances person called to make a date (tomorrow--yay!) to have my fridge fixed.  My friend called and will come today to add a chair to the kitchen set she brought the other day.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...