Monday, January 26, 2015

AJL, Dinner. and Stuff

As noted here, I had spent hours removing the pages of American Jewish Life that contained my articles.  However, it still looked like too high a pile of papers, so I decided to cut all the pieces out.  Did so, which took me all afternoon, but I was able to whittle the pile down, then stow them all in a container.  Will consolidate by adding other copies of my deathless prose.
Speaking of which:  I came across an old short story of mine called Burning Bright which isn't half bad, if I say it myself.  Think I'll revise it into a play and, if I ever get back to Players and Playwright at the Jersey Shore, will submit for a reading.  
Susan called in the middle of all this to invite me to dinner.  Oh, sure, don't have to ask me twice.  She had ham, with lots of sides and good wine, plus Molson--a Canadian beer and one of my favorites--then insisted on packing up some of everything to send home with me.  That means I won't be found dead of starvation during the blizzard--
--which had manifested itself when I got up this morning with a light fall, maybe an inch.  Presumably, the rest of the twenty feet or whatever the latest terror news tells us, will be coming shortly.  My friend asked if I wanted to come up there, but no thanks.  I'm snug and warm in my own place, have food enough to last until spring, plenty of good neighbors in case of any problem, and I'm staying put right here.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...