Wednesday, January 21, 2015

This and All That

La-de-dah, I didn't walk yesterday, either, as Susan had to take her new car in for a checkup.  Slept until 6:30 and it felt good, but I don't want this to become a habit.
Aline called and we caught up on our separate weekend activities, hers in Manhattan.  Made a date to go to breakfast tomorrow.
Betty called to ask if I'm going to meet her and friends today to celebrate her birthday with lunch at the Culinary Arts place in Atlantic Community College.  Told her I will if the weather doesn't turn bad.
Spent a lot of time shining my silver.  It's been stuck in a high cabinet for so long, all the pieces were badly tarnished.  Very labor intensive, that, but I'm hoping the consignment person will take the smaller pieces.
I also have two complete sets of knives, forks, and spoons, both very old, that had been my Aunt Maggie's sister-in-law's and have her initials on them.  I like them a lot, but am not sure I want to take both with me; will think about it.
Took pics of, and e-mailed to the consignment shop woman the silver, my "lady desk," and a few other things.  Not sure how enthusiastic she'll be about them.
I have two silver pieces with the handles broken off and I stopped at Tuckerton Jewelry to ask if they might be able to reattach them. Guy said no, but suggested I check about seeing if a solder would do it, or he said, I may be able to do it myself with epoxy.  Asked the guy at the hardware store and he thought I could.  Will think about it.
Dropped off yet another load at the thrift store: Two heavy boxes of kitchen stuff, my trifle bowl, and miscellaneous items.  Believe me, there's still plenty to go.

No comments:

Tuesday

As has been happening lately, I spent an age dealing with R.E. agent, Kim, and requirements  surrounding the house. I got the quarterly wate...