Monday, January 12, 2015

Continuing On...

I packed up yet more glassware--is somebody sneaking in and putting it in my cabinets?--plus two more Dionne boxes for California.  That should be it for the latter.
Started on the guest room closet.  Consolidated wrapping paper, ribbons, and other gift material, and managed to get rid of a lot. Filled a good-sized donation box, which I'll take tomorrow.
Figured I had labored enough and took off for Bayville, about 25 miles down Route 9.  Nice day and I continued listening to Cold Moon.  Went to the Good Will store to spend ten dollars on a very nice sweater and a "blanket" with sleeves.  I had been given gift certificates from there, an excellent idea for me.
My friend called and told me she had found a consignment shop in Belmawr.  The payout is better than the one in Toms River and we're going to take stuff there next Saturday.  In the meantime, of course, I'll be donating the lesser items to the thrift store.
Defrosted and stir-fried shrimp for dinner--just shrimp, nothing else, and it was yummy.  Was thrilled as ever to get a Skype call in the evening from the sweetie pie in Japan; what an active, interested, bright, and comical little boy he is!  At his direction, we went "blah, blah, blah" to each other, sticking our tongues out and generally behaving like--well, sixteen-month-olds.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...