Saturday, January 24, 2015

Same Old Stuff

Lots more of the same old stuff.  Cleared out the lower kitchen cabinets and filled two large boxes with baskets, plastic containers, and "fancy glass" items, i.e. a cake compote and deviled egg holder.  Yes, I used them often in my entertaining days.  Took them over to Living Word, my favorite thrift store, and left them.
I had been putting off calling Humana, the mail order drug company that's part of my new insurance.  Was pleasantly surprised at how helpful and courteous the rep was, and even more, so that the cost for all my meds is zero a month.  The fee is fifteen monthly, but I still come out ahead.
Brother Larry called and we had a nice chat.  Talked to my friend, who will come over on Tuesday to do a few things for me.
Finally got Vivian and Violet's school pictures and they're just adorable.  Vivian, ever the drama queen, is posed like a movie star and has a big movie-star smile on her face.  She's so adorable at ten.  Violet looks like the sweet, pretty little girl she is, but her intelligence is evident.  How did their parents--and I--get so lucky?
Went to Shop-Rite--jammed, of course, it was Friday and a snow "advisory" had been issued.  (SNOW?!  In January?!  Oh, no, no, that's abnormal, pack up the car, save the children, here it comes, an avalanche, we're doomed--AAGH!!)
Just went out to get the paper.  It's raining a little.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...