Saturday, January 03, 2015

Active Day and Torture

True to my resolve to clean up and clear out, I laid all my coats and jackets on the bed.  Quickly made the cut as to which I would keep: only those that still fit and not if I didn't like them, anyway.
Laid out my shoes and slippers.  Geez, there were about twenty pair, most of which I rarely used.  I struggled with the "maybe I'll want to wear them some day," but my Tidy Gal prevailed, and I packed up eight pair, threw one (white heels, about fifteen years old and shabby), and two pairs of slippers out.  
My friend then called and asked if I wanted to come up. Yes, sure, of course, and after putting the shoes, plus what I had gleaned from earlier go-throughs, in the car, I dropped all off at the SOCH thrift store in Tuckerton.
Drove north, got to my friend's, we went to Manchester to get a document needed for her house sale, with settlement scheduled for Monday.  However, more jumping through hoops seems to be needed, I'm afraid, and now it's iffy.  I had brought chicken and we put it in the toaster oven.  I was going to stay, but decided I'd better drive home while it was light, so left it for friend and her husband for dinner.          
Today: jewelry and scarves.
WIDER:  Here's an essay on torture and Dorian Gray that deserves to be read and pondered:
http://tucker.liberty.me/2015/01/02/the-evil-image-behind-the-curtain/

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...