Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Goodbye, 2013

Turned out to be a good day.  Picked up Susan for our walk and was amazed to be presented with a beautiful quilt for my birthday, which she had made herself.  It's just gorgeous and I like it so much.  The amount of time and effort that went into it are prodigious, I know--what a wonderful gift!
At noon, I went to pick up Aline for lunch, first stopping at the post office to get my mail.  It was closed.  Why?  Dunno, as somebody told me they were delivering mail.  Nothing in my mailbox, though, so I'll have to wait until Wednesday.
When I picked Aline up, I noticed my car inspection sticker: "Must be inspected by the last day of...."  Hmm, it had a big 12 on it, meaning--December! December 31st!  That was yesterday!  Horrors, a crisis!
No big deal though: I suggested we go to The Olive Garden, which is right across from the inspection station in Manahawkin and Aline readily agreed.  Went to the station first, had to wait only about twenty minutes, got car inspected, found something wrong with it, but I have a month to get it fixed.  No prob and pressure's off.
Had a nice lunch, then Aline and I went to my place, where I showed her:
1.) K., on Google +, and she thinks he's simply adorable;
2.) the beautiful quilt, which she extravagantly admired*;
3.) my new Tablet, which ditto as above;
4.) a pic of Ellen and Gregg--"a beautiful couple," she declared;
5.) how to "share" on Facebook, which thrilled her beyond words (well, she was very grateful).
After chatting a bit, I took her home, then settled down at the computer to transfer things and check e-mail, and so on.  Was almost immediately the recipient of a Skype visit by the trio in Tokyo, my first "visitors" in the new year.  Darling little K. waved his hands around, smiled, gurgled, and generally entertained his doting Nana.
Plugged in my Tablet, and must now read the instruction books, then start to use it regularly.
So to bed on the last day of 2013.
*See pic in previous entry.  Why don't I combine them?  Um...I don't know how.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...