Monday, January 27, 2014

Strauss And Dine Around

Picked up Aline and we went to the Das Fledermaus operetta presentation at the clubhouse.  The video was from Covent Gardens and the performance had been staged about 35 years ago on January 1.  Interestingly, Placido Domingo didn't sing, but conducted.  I really enjoyed it, including the (special for New Year's Day) variations, which included the incorporation of four languages (German, Italian, English, and French, with a smattering of Hungarian), spoken dialogue,  ballet, and other innovations.
It lasted until after 4:30, though, and I had to hustle to get home, change into a different top, then get Aline and me to the Tuckerton Grille for Dine Around.  I had told Leslie I'd to early to reserve seats for her and Dennis, plus Barbara and Frank, who were joining us for the first time.
We got there in plenty of time and, in fact, were able to drive down the street to the bay and witness a beautiful sunset.  Got back and enjoyed a delightful dinner, good conversation, and Judy's silly games.  (She had asked me to provide a list of easy trivia questions and I lifted them straight off the Internet.)
Anyway, it was a fun day and I got to see darling daughter, Ellen, on Skype at the end of it.    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...