Thursday, January 16, 2014

Lunch At My Childhood Home

Picked up Aline and we drove to 15 South in Ventnor.  Dee was frying up a big pan of potato wedges, then took chicken cutlets in an egg wash out of the frig. She dredged them in bread crumbs and fried in a hot pan.  Aline and I agreed it was the best chicken we had ever tasted.  Dee told us she first soaks them overnight in salt water, a procedure new to me.  I contributed the salad--to which I had added dried cranberries and herb croutons--and it was a delicious meal.
Of course, we gabbed away--Dee is a big talker and Aline and I are no slouches, either.  I showed Aline around my old home, we had coffee and talked some more, then finally left a bit before 4:00.  I stopped at Betty's, but she wasn't there.  I called her and found she was holing up at the Trop.  She asked if she could stay over at my place on Saturday and Sunday nights, so I'll pick her up after the Players & Playwrights meeting.
I no sooner got home than I had a Skype call from little K., in Tokyo.  How he's growing and how alert and engaged he is with his parents!  He chews everything within reach, especially his fingers, coos and smiles, and is such a pleasure to see.
Frank came over with a CD of Hedda, which I can take to Staples.  However, the pages aren't numbered, which could be a problem for Desi, but it can't be helped, I guess.
Elva called later, and we again had a long, enjoyable talk.  She had been asked by another classmate how Joan had died and forgotten what I had told her.  I told her I'll take Naomi up to her Lambertville art gallery once the weather warms.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...