Thursday, January 02, 2014

Okay Day

Kind of a colorless, but not a bad day.  Continued exploring my new Tablet, trying to remove the location and time for Ventura and put in values for here.  Even "chatted" with a rep from Asus.  (And what marketing genius came up with that stupid, meaningless name?  They actually use an inverted "V" instead of an "A"--ugh!)  
Said rep must have been hired for his ineptitude, as it extended even to spelling and grammar.  However, I finally found I have to do something or other, but have to back up all my data first.  Consulted my son-in-law as to how to do that.
Betty called; I thought she was back on the east coast, but she's still in L.A.  My brother, Jim, called to wish me happy New Year.  It gave me a jolt to realize he was born in 1924, which means this year he'll be....  Wow.
I spent time taking individual pictures of my doll collection.  Now must look at Craig's List and try to figure out how to use it.  Also consulted CS to get an idea of apartment rents in and around Ventura.  Ouch, they seem astronomical.
Susan invited me to accompany her and Walter to a music (Christmas) program at St. Teresa's tomorrow evening, and I think I'll go.  Kevin B., who murdered me in Night Must Fall--but all is forgiven, Kevin!--will sing, as will LETCO colleagues, Jim and Mary H., so I'd like to hear them.  I fervently hope the program doesn't include the odious "salute to our troops" I believe it has in other years.  I can never fathom the reaction of the Catholic Church to abortion--utter condemnation--when it co-exists with the apparent approval, or at least tolerance, of arbitrarily slaughtering others once they're out of the womb.
When I sat down with my wine and popcorn to watch TV at 8:00, I discovered the TV wasn't working; I just got snow, but I don't really care.  It's 17 years old and the picture "freezes up" quite often.  As my mother used to say, "It doesn't owe me anything," but I'll check it again tonight and see if it works.  If not, maybe I'll buy a new one.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...