Saturday, January 11, 2014

Color And Concert

Got my color on after lunch--at the hairdresser's, that is--and it looks pretty good, I guess.  Think I should have had it trimmed, too, though.
Went with Susan and Walter to the Christmas concert at St. Theresa's, and what a wonderful evening it was!  It had been postponed from last week because of the snowstorm, so it was a tad late for Christmas, but no matter.  We saw Desi beforehand and chatted with him in the vestibule for a bit, then entered the quite beautiful (I think, but some don't) church proper.
The program consisted of Christmas-themed songs, some classical, some traditional, some in Latin, but none, I'm happy to say, "patriotic."  I was thrilled to hear Kevin B. (my murderer in Night Must Fall) again; what a magnificent voice and what authority and stage presence he has!  The three Henry's--Jim, Mary, and daughter, Brittany--also performed, father and daughter first solo, then together, and Mary on the piano.  Interestingly, "Father Mick," the pastor, also sang.  He has a pleasant voice, but can't it compare to either Kevin or Jim.
It was a marvelous treat and what's more, members of the audience were invited to take home the dozens of huge, magnificent red poinsettias that were banked all over the room.  Red poinsettias are one of my favorite flowers and now I have a very large, lush one in my foyer.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...