Thursday, January 23, 2014

Ice And The Goldfinch

We didn't get as much snow as had been predicted--less than two inches, I think--and my walk and driveway were cleared by the middle of the day.  However, a lot of ice did form and prudently (that doesn't sound like me!), I didn't set foot outside all day.
I wasn't bored, though.  I galvanized myself to clean the master bath--throw rugs, floors, fixtures all got washed, scrubbed and polished.  Talked at length--more than an hour--to Aline.  We had to skip our planned manicure and lunch date, but will see each other for opera and Dine Around on Sunday.
Printed out the Hedda poster Frank had made up and posted it on Facebook; a few seconds later, I realized "masterpiece" was misspelled without the "s."  I immediately removed it from FB and called Frank, who will have it corrected. Tonya had shared it, and I called her, too.
Received my new Chop Wizard and was delighted to find in the same box The Goldfinch.  I had forgotten I had ordered it--there was some kind of deep discount, I know.  I rarely read fiction, but had seen a rave review in the NYTimes about it and it sounded interesting.  Started reading it and it's more than interesting--I'm enthralled.
Spent time on my tablet and successfully pulled up the Ocean County Library to order an e-book.  I think--not sure--I ordered a new bio of Johnny Carson; will have to wait and see if I get it.  Speaking of the tablet, I had had an appointment at library last evening for an instruction session, but didn't want to venture out for fear of the ice.  Called and made a new date for February first.
Sondra M., from P & P, called and asked me to appear in her play, to be performed at Shalom House on February 23.  They're having a talent show, which resident Bobbi S. wants to enter, and she'll be one of the characters, also.  Seems odd to present an entire play for a single entrant, but no prob on my end.  I agreed and Sondra e-mailed me the script.  It's not bad, but annoying that it isn't set up in "play format."  Well, I ain't gonna worry about it.
Betty called as I was cooking up dinner--sauteed mushrooms, onions, and garlic over pasta--to tell me she was settled into the apartment in Margate.
Succumbing to my children's wishes, I made an eye doctor appointment for an orientation about cataract surgery.  Guess I'll be getting it sooner than I had planned.  














    

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...