Wednesday, January 08, 2014

Cold

It was so cold Susan and I completed only about half our walk before being driven inside.  I did manage to go out later, to Acme and the post office.
Started setting up my method for memorizing lines: I record those of the person to whom I'm talking on-stage and leave a "blank" space for my response.  By going over and over this (and taking the tape recorder with me wherever I go), I can pretty much have it down pat by opening night.
It was my dear older grandson's thirty-second birthday.  Late as usual with the gift, I wished him a happy on Facebook and via e-mail, telling him his gift was coming, then sent it with a card.
Stirred-fried garlic, onions, and mushrooms in oil, added a pound of pasta, and will have that for several days.  I'll freeze some, too, and maybe add sauce, although I like it fine without the tomato base.
I usually send Christmas cards only to the children, and feel obscurely guilty when I receive them from family and friends.  Decided to send out New Year greetings, instead: composed a little verse, added "year of the horse" clip art, and busied myself with cutting, folding, addressing, and taking to the P.O.
I was pleased to receive a phone call from brother, Frank, and we had a nice chat. Called the library to register for an eBook session and will go this evening.  Aside from all that, it was another somewhat mundane, but okay day.
I long for spring.


No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...