Friday, January 03, 2014

Nothin' Much

Yesterday, a whole bunch of nothin' much.  Spent a lot of time on the computer and did a few household chores.  Dennis and Bill came over to change my filter and blow out my drier line--sounds kinda risque, doesn't it?--and I mentioned my barely-functioning kitchen light.  Bill looked, said the ballast needed to be replaced, and I said I'd just get a new fixture.  I've disliked that one for the ten years I've been here, but never enough to replace it.
Went to Acme and got supplies, then out again when I had a sudden hankering for bean soup.  Got white beans, spinach, tomatoes and onions, and put them to simmering with some beef bones I had in the freezer.  It made a huge amount and came out pretty good.  Had some for dinner and froze a lot.
Paid (electronically, of course) a lot of bills and did a bit of other bookkeeping. I should turn my attention to dealing with the paperwork on my desk.
Looks as if the TV is gone for sure; again, only snow yesterday.  One of these days, I'll buy a new one, but for now, I can just use the computer.
Dear Ma Nature,
Your winter wonderland out there is very pretty, but inconvenient, so please get rid of it quickly.  Thanks.
Yours Truly, Mimi

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...