Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Lovely, Lovely, Lovely*

A lovely day.  Early on, had a virtual visit with son, Mike, and his precious girls. Excitedly, Vivian, 9, told me she had gotten "a call-back" (she knows the jargon!) and was cast in Wind In The Willows as Freddy, the ferret.  I'm so proud of her.
Little sister Violet, 5, then shared her big news: She can ride a two-wheeler! What fun to see and talk to them and how I wish I could be with them in person.
Picked up Aline and we got down to Betty's new digs in Margate at 12:30.  Long time friend and former St. James inmate, Alice Wayland E., joined us and we took the tour of the apartment where Betty is staying.  It's pretty basic and a bit dated, but not bad at all: two bedrooms, bath, and well-equipped kitchen. We then went to Johnny's just a few blocks away and had a nice lunch, seafood Caesar for me.  Lingered for almost two hours and had a great time.  
Took Betty over to Somers Point to pick up her car, then drove up Tilton Road, my favored way to go home.  We stopped at the cemetery on the way--I'm been remiss about going there lately, but maybe that's okay.  There was still snow and ice on the ground so we didn't get out of the car; just looked at Pat's and Jay's stones from the road and talked a bit about them.
Dropped A. off--I'll see her for board meeting tonight--and went directly to Sunset Nails for a new jell manicure.  To get the old off, they have to use pure acetone, then wrap the nails in foil, then scrap it off.  Hmm...that doesn't sound as if it's too good for your nails, does it?  Oh, but I picked a terrific shade of purple-red--or reddish-purple--which sounds gross, but is very attractive.  It does cost thirty bucks with tip, but should last for weeks and I have a lot coming up in February, so will be all prepared down to my fingertips.
Got an e-mail from Grey to the effect that he went to the doctor and is on a wide spectrum antibiotic (have no idea what that means, but it sounds impressive).  I fervently hope things will be smoothed out between him and Neil and that we can get on with preparing for Hedda.  We have a board meeting tonight, so hope to find out more then.
*That's a catchphrase for Aline and me.  It's in my dialogue as Aunt Julia and when either of us says "lovely" in ordinary conversation, we chant in unison: "Lovely, lovely, lovely."




No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...