Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Last Day

Spent the day unpacking, catching up, and settling in.  Got up so late, I skipped breakfast; instead, went to Acme for cottage cheese, chicken, veggies, oranges, and salad items.  Home, I immediately fired up the oven, oiled and seasoned the chicken, and stuck it in.  While it cooked, I made a big salad, boiled eggs, and cut up cauliflower.  Had the chicken and veg for late, late lunch--or "linner," since it was about 4:00.  Tasted good.
Did a lot of stuff on the computer and washed clothes.  Talked to Aline and we made a date for lunch today, the last day...
...the last day of 2013!  How could that possibly be?  Nothing floors me in life so much as the mystery of time passing.  Well, I'm not going to get all moony and philosophical about it.  I'll only say this: For all kinds of reasons--prominently precious little K. in Japan and Ellen's new happiness--it's been a wonderful year. 

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...