Friday, December 27, 2013

The Huntington

Yesterday, Ellen and I went to "The Huntington" library, art collection, and botanical gardens in Pasadena.  What a gorgeous place! 
It was very crowded, of course, but a beautiful warm and sunny day, and the gardens, in particular, were lovely. Also enjoyed the historic and literary artifacts--many particular to California--and the eighteenth century portraits.  Had lunch at the Chinese tea garden and admired to Oriental out-buildings and foliage.  Great place, and we'll go again.
We were home by 6:00 and were joined by Linda for Bistro M.D. dinners, then had an absorbing talk that ranged from business to theatrics to who or what constitutes the deity. 
Before bed, we watched another portion of the I Love Lucy Christmas Special--mildly enjoyable, but I was more interested in the colorization of the earlier episodes than the show itself. It was disconcerting to realize that all the principals have been dead these many years, but hey, that's show biz.
Just opened my e-mail and was thrilled to find a message from Desi with our rehearsal schedule for Hedda attached.  Yes, we're going to do it and I'm part of it and I couldn't be happier.  We meet for first rehearsal on January 13th and I've said it before and will say it again:  There's no place on earth I'm rather be.    

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...