Monday, December 30, 2013

Back

Back again and I wish I had had more time in my second favorite state.  I feel I know and "understand" (in a deep and impossible-to-explain way) California, as I do Jersey.  Will I ever be able to say that about New Mexico?
Because I'm so nervous and frantic about flying (and, which seems a paradox, afraid I'll be late), Ellen got me to the airport with more than three hours to spare. No matter, I read my tablet, got a sandwich, and enjoyed watching the other travelers.
Plane ride was no more horrendous than most, although there was a lot of turbulence.  I was again assigned a window seat, but luckily, there was nobody in the middle, so that was okay.  I even raised the shade once or twice and looked out while we were aloft--a daring a radical thing for me to do.
My friend picked me up close to eleven and drove me home.  I was a bit wound up still, so actually had my wine and popcorn, and didn't get to bed until after 1:00.
Was awoken at 8:00 by a call from Aline--she was so apologetic, but it was okay; I asked her to give me an hour.  When she called back I got up, but we'll talk more at length when she gets off work today.
I still have this lousy, hacking cough that's been hanging on since Florida.  Intend to take it very easy today--although I do have to get supplies, as there's almost nothing in the house--then get back to regular life tomorrow.
It was a wonderful trip and I'm so looking forward to June.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...