Wednesday, December 04, 2013

Show

For Better or Worse was a smash hit!  We had sixty-two people there and the room was jammed.  With a few slight errors and dropped lines (but since the audience didn't notice, they didn't matte), it went over very big.  Of course, we're talking almost exclusively about people over 65, plus it was free, plus it was a balmy day, plus and so on--.
Nevertheless, it went over beautifully, there were no major problems, the crowd loved it, and I'm thrilled and overjoyed, especially because IT'S OVER!
And what a day: After our walk, I hard-boiled eggs and put them together with romaine, tomatoes, feta, dried cranberries and raisins, and croutons for a big salad.  Showered, dressed, and went to the post office, then had a manicure at the new place nearby.  Mysteriously, the workers were all Vietnamese, same as in California.  I'm pondering why that should be, but dunno.  I brought my new blouse and selected polish to match.  Oooo, my digits are darling!
At noon, I arrived at Dolores P.'s, where the Sunrise Sparklers were having lunch, and contributed my huge salad. The rest was totally mediocre.  It included that invention of the taste devil, "wraps," and a few other such bland, cardboardy, store-bought stuff.  I think my salad was the only thing not adulterated, packaged, and foisted off as food by the giant conglomerates who are rapidly poisoning us.
In truth, I don't have a lot in common with this group, the members of which spent time yesterday assuring each other of the validity of a kind of vapid spiritualism--candle blew out by itself three times, which is proof that ghosts walk, and so on.
Got home just as sister Betty arrived and we had time to chat before I changed for the show.  I left her the rest of the salad and rotisserie chicken I had bought Monday, and took off.  My friend came after and they went together to the library.
And the show--oh, so good.  After, I gathered up my stuff, collected Aline and Betty, too the former home, and enjoyed visiting with Sissy before falling happily into bed.
Now I can turn my attention to Florida, California, and Christmas.        

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...