Friday, December 06, 2013

Busy

Yet another busy day, pre-Christmas day.  Sent off the horrendously expensive Hawaiian shirt to son, Mike--maybe he was indulging himself for his birthday--and paid extra to have it tracked.  (Well, he paid extra, that is, having generously put $500 in my BOA account for postage through the year.)
Tried to track down my cousin by marriage, Joe D., from whom I haven't heard for several years.  Went into White Pages and other sites, but his old address and phone number are still listed.  Called and the phone is disconnected.  Called my sister-in-law, Regina, to tell her and we chatted.  I have another angle to try, but then I give up.
Met Betty for lunch at the Tilton Inn, a somewhat mediocre bar/restaurant near Boscov's.  Had my frequent choice, a hamburger and Yingling (SpellCheck doesn't know, either),  then stopped at Canal's for wine, the 69 cent store for napkins (why pay more?), Bam!, and The Christmas Tree Shop, where I got presents for the girls and little K.  I still have an enormous amount to do before I go to Florida, then California.
Didn't get home until dark, but it was a full, satisfying day.

3 comments:

Jim Wetzel said...

Y-U-E-N-G-L-I-N-G.

That's some good beer. One of the better things about traveling east.

Mimi said...

You mean, you Puritans in the middle lands actually like beer? Oh, wait..."Wetzel"--of course!

Jim Wetzel said...

When my son used to live near Philadelphia (West Chester, it was) he was greatly enthused for a local brewery called, I believe, Victory. Once when I visited him there I enjoyed a product of theirs called "Hop Devil." Tasty, but I'd still reach past it for a Yuengling's. That's something I discovered while assigned briefly to Rochester, NY, on the former day job.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...