Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Busy

Busy all day.  Spent most of it baking chocolate delight bars and on another batch of Nana Mix.  The latter is the Chex cereal snack, but with a kick: My mother thought their version was bland, so added chili powder; she was too cheap to put in mixed nuts, so substituted peanuts (being a spendthrift, I use cashews).  Incidentally, when she first started making it, there were no microwaves; you had to do it in the regular oven.
I used to make the cookies years ago and was pleased to have found the recipe on line.  It's labor-intensive--I should have remembered that--as you have to prepare it in three stages.  It's also hard to cut when it's finished.  However, the cookies are delicious and I'll take a tin of them to Florida.
I packed up the Nana Mix and went to the post office to send off to Wellsboro.
Also put in my little gift for the boys: a subscription to Highlights magazine.
Bessie F. called to say she couldn't open the article I tweaked for her, so I had to copy, then put it in the body of an e-mail.  I found out later how to remedy this. Bessie then called again to tell me how much she liked the revision I did; just jazzed it up a little.
My friend stopped late in the day to pick something up and I gave her my three poinsettias, too.  Then, hearing we're supposed to have snow today, I drove to Wal-Mart to pick up my medication.    
By the time I got home, it was after 5:00 and, boy, was I tired.  However, I wasn't too tired to greatly enjoy a Skype call from precious little K. in Tokyo.  What a darling baby--and so active and alert!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...