Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Day

A fine Christmas day.  Early on, Ellen and I visited with my Jersey daughter on Skype and opened our gifts from her.  We each got lovely glass rings from the Corning Glass factory.  Ellen's renter, Linda, gave each of us a gift certificate for a pedicure--what fun!
After dressing in our Christmas finery (in my case, my new over-sweater from Catherine's), then drove to Carolyn's to drop off Robyn's coat, which I had accidentally picked up with mine after the birthday party.
Met Greg, Rory, and Paul at a French restaurant for lunch, then went back to their place, where we opened gifts (I got a gift certificate from Amazon from Greg).  Ellen, Greg, and I took a nice walk uphill in Santa Barbara, admiring the varied (and expensive) architecture and landscaping.  Then, while chef Greg prepared dinner, Ellen, Rory, and I played gin rummy, Rory winning almost every hand--what fun! 
Dinner for we four (Paul went to his mother's), was salmon with blueberry sauce (an unusual, but excellent combination),  subtly seasoned chicken, and sliced zucchini.  None of the flavors were overwhelming, but all went together beautifully.  Accompanied by Cabernet Sauvignon and followed by a good port, it was a superb meal.   
I was tired after a full day, and begged off staying longer, so we were home by 9:30 or so.  Saw the rest of Auntie Mame (well, Ellen did; I fell asleep) after a lovely time on Christmas. 

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...