Thursday, December 19, 2013

Interim Day

Talk about your interim period of time, yesterday was it.  Unpacked and washed everything I had taken to Florida, replenished this and that, and repacked.  Went to the post office to pick up the mail, which I had asked to be held, but was told to check my mailbox, as the delivery person "may have gotten confused."  He had, and I had a lot, mostly Christmas cards, which I send only to the children.
Spent a fair amount of time on the computer.  (Larry has two, a p.c. and a Mac, but they're both so slow I found them difficult to use.)  Got my e-mail caught up, and occupied myself with various other.
Was happy to see Ellen on Skype and just can't wait to see her in person.  She said Gregg had invited us to dinner tomorrow, but has a cold (so does she and so do I), so may feel he shouldn't cook.  No prob, we'll just eat out or something.
My friend stopped in to get her Christmas presents and we had a nice chat.  It will be the first in a long time we won't be celebrating the holiday together, but she has enjoyable plans, too.  We talked about our visit to New Mexico in June; I'm looking forward to it, as it may be my new home (gulp!)
I was so busy all day that I had only a cup of coffee when I got up, then nothing all day until I made a stir-fry dinner at 5:30.  That's how to lose weight, all right--be so occupied you don't have time to think about meals.
I've decided to take the train from Absecon to Thirtieth Station in Philly, then another (Septa) directly to the airport.  The big problem was finding somebody to take me to Absecon.  It's only about twenty minutes away, but the D.'s are still away, the H.'s have another commitment, and I didn't hear back from Susan and Walter...
...until this morning.  Happy day, they'll be glad to take me, so that's a big load off my mind.    

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...