Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yesterday was a catching-up, getting-back-to-normal, lots-of-phone-calls day. Did several loads of wash, cleared off some (but there's plenty more) of the party stuff from the guest room beds, and generally handled household chores. Considered, but finally decided against, a six-mile "twilight hike" with the Outdoor Club at 5:30 because I thought it would rain. It didn't, and now I'm sorry I didn't go, but I think they'll have the same next week.
Talked to Alison. She and Mike are having a ball in Lake Placid. She said they hiked 14 miles yesterday. That's barely a stroll for them, but in this case, it was strenuous because the first 7 were straight up. Yes, they climbed a mountain, then climbed back down.
Chatted with, and saw, Ellen. She bought an armoire (can't spell it and neither can the computer!) for the television and is continuing to look for living room furniture and new kitchen appliances.
Dee, the owner of our old house in Ventnor, called and we had a long talk. We want to get together for lunch and I'll call her next week to arrange it. Will also dig out, duplicate, and bring her old pictures that include the house.
Called brother Larry. He and Helen will leave today (from Florida, to Philly) stay at her sister's in Pennsy, then drive to Jersey on Saturday, pick up Betty and me, and we'll all go to the next party in D.C.
Talked to Betty. I'll drive over there today after I return the rented linens from the party and we'll go to lunch and hang out.

No comments:

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...