Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Our walking route takes us past the clubhouse, so Susan and I stopped in at 7 am to vote--so convenient to have the polling place there.
Had a great time with Betty and Suzanne. I decided to give them lunch here, as I had leftover ham, turkey breast, and cheese from Sunday. Added a big salad, whole wheat and rye bread, pickles, sliced tomatoes, and hard-boiled eggs--unexciting, but an enjoyable summer meal.
I had my giveaway clothes spread out in the guest room for Betty and she tried on the jackets. They fit--great!--and we assume the other things will, as well. There were probably a dozen or more each of pants and tops, plus three outer jackets and a bathing suit. The only things she left were my good winter coat and two suits that had been Aunt Claire's. Living in balmy Santa Barbara, it's unlikely she'll ever wear them. Think I'll see if my friend, Mary Ann Van O., might be able to use them. If not, I'll take them to the thrift store.
We had good fun talking and laughing and Pat even skipped the bay to have lunch with the company. After, I took our guests to the thrillingest sight in Little Egg Harbor: the huge concrete blocks that held the guy wires for the famous 820-foot radio antenna erected eighty or more years ago. Betty and Suzanne were so impressed--especially when I pointed out that those are about the only sights--and sites--of interest in our town. We laughed our heads off, although Betty did get out to take pictures.
Anyway, much fun ensued. Suzanne is staying with Betty until Thursday, then on Friday, Betty is having friends over for brunch, so I'll go down to her place then. It's good having my twin around.
Barb D. came over to ask if I'd contribute three recipes for a cookbook her parish, St. Teresa's, is assembling. She specifically mentioned my Crystal Pickles and, of course, I'll be glad to give her that and two others.
I'm planning to go on two more hikes, on June 8 and 16, The latter is unusual as it's hardly in the forest: It's a 5- or 6-miler from Ventnor to A.C. on the boardwalk. Hey, I'll have no problem finding that starting point.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...