Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Went to The Grapevine to order the hot food for the party, then to Acme for the sandwich trays. As Alison and I worked out, we'll have four kinds of mini-sandwiches, plus meatballs and sausage, stuffed shells, eggplant parm, and good ol' Caesar salad. I was glad to hear The G. will deliver, set up, and provide the heating elements the day of. We already bought the chips and so on and A. ordered a cake from Manahawkin. Went to the liquor store, but didn't yet get the beer, wine, or champagne; figured I have time for that.
Mary Ann Van O. stopped over after lunch and I was pleased to give her my winter coat and a dress, much too large now. She asked if I wanted to go to the pool--it was about 90 out--but I reluctantly declined, as I need a bathing suit cover-up; I gave my old (large) one away. Drove to Kohl's, but found nothing I wanted. I plan to go to Hamilton Mall today to get an outfit for the party; must get Pat s0mething, too.
Met Genny for Conversational English at 7:00. I hated to do it, but I told her (and Nora, the librarian) I have to discontinue. I seem to have other commitments popping up constantly and have missed a number of sessions; Nora will take over for me. The three of us hope to see each other though, as Genny wants to make friends here and Nora and I clicked. She's at the Little Egg branch two or three days a week and we want to keep in touch.
Alison called and I was pleased to hear she had invited nephew Jeremy and girlfriend to the party, plus Cal, nephew Tim's son. She's having us for a cookout for Father's Day (Sunday) and asked me to invite Betty, too. I'll have to go down and get her, then take her home, but that's okay .
We got a congratulatory card for our fiftieth from What's His Face in the White House and the twins' mommy. Can't imagine who would initiate that unless it was meant as a joke.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

That's a shame about Genny. I know you enjoyed working with her. However, there are only so many hours in the day. You'll probably get together in the fall or winter.

I love Eggplant parm...everything sounds delich....

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...