Thursday, June 05, 2008

Completed a slew of errands yesterday, prominently including a trip to the new BJ's and Costco stores in Manahawkin. Took a list of anniversary party items to scout out before Alison comes down on Saturday. Decided to join BJ's for a variety of reasons and will go back today to buy some from the list.
Checked LabCorps to see if Pat can get his blood test done there instead of taking the three-hour round trip to Fort Dix (he can if the V.A. faxes down a prescription); stopped at the library to take back "Lindburgh" tape and get Steve Martin's new one; went to Acme for various; picked up the form to rent the clubhouse; made several phone calls for this 'n' that; did a few loads of wash--well, I generally checked off a lot on my to-do list, although there's more.
When I got in the shower last night, I noted a dark bump at my waistline near the back. Yep, another tick, which Pat took off with tweezers. When I told Alison, she said that, according to the vet, Lulu has Lyme disease! Alison uses Frontline on her religiously, but one must have slipped through. Although there seem to be no symptoms for doggies, poor Lu is now on antibiotics.
Forgot to mention: Also got my BP taken at doctor's yesterday. Nurse took it three times and the "worst" was 128/76.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I'd die if I ever got a tick on me. I'm definitely not a hiker, I guess. How do you think it got on you? Were you walking thru branches etc that touched your clothes? I guess I'll have to stick to the treadmill or maybe the boardwalk.
So glad you don't have to do that 3 hr drive for Pat's lab work.
Knowing how things get lost in the bureauocracy I'd call Lab Corps to make sure they received the script.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...