Thursday, June 19, 2008

While Alison was here, we went to the liquor store and picked up two more cases of beer, plus ten bottles of champagne. The guest count is now up to 68 (good grief!) and I'm getting nervous. I sent an e-mail to some of our closest friends (and neighbors) asking for help with the party and of course, received prompt and enthusiastic replies.
Called brother Frank in Alameda; they're coming into Baltimore today and will drive down with son and DIL, Patrick and Susan. Talked to Betty and will meet her for lunch today with some of her friends after I go to Pleasantville to pick up the tablecloths we're renting.
And now the glitches: Good thing I tried on my dress, because it doesn't fit! My outfit for next week's party is an 8 petite and fits fine, but I need a 10 in the dress. Will exchange when I'm in Atlantic County today.
Second glitch: Went to the clubhouse to re-check and found a note on one of the round tables saying it's broken. Hope we can pull in two of the smaller ones from the porch and use them--I'm really worried we don't have enough seating.
If there are any other glitches, I don't want to know about them.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

Question Mrs Molloy.
How many of the expected guests were also on your wedding invitation list?

What a pain to find the dress doesn't fit. Damm. The sizes on clothing are so misleading at times. Maybe you and Betty can go shopping today. Don't let yourself get too stressed...this is supposed to be part of the fun.
Have fun.

Mimi said...

Interesting question: There are only three who were actually in the wedding party: Betty and our brother, Jim (who "gave me away"), plus Pat's brother, Bill, the Best Man. Unfortunately, the rest of the wedding party--my sister, Gene, and Joan Welsh, plus Pat's BIL, Buddy, are all dead. As for who else is coming who attended the original--hmm...I guess Pat's SIL, Regina, may be the only, unless Jim's wife, Therese (who married a week later) came. If I'm not mistaken, brother Frank was in California, and couldn't attend. Larry was there, but he can't come on Saturday. Think I'll pose that question to Betty today--thanks for asking.
As for shopping, especially for clothes, with Betty or anybody else on the face of the earth--NEVER! Like bathroom functions, that's an activity I always want to do by myself.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...