Friday, June 06, 2008

Went back to BJ's and signed up; was able to add Alison as a card member at no extra charge. Got tableware--large and small plates, napkins, and cups in a very attractive tulip pattern, plastic "silverware" that actually looks like stainless steel--and Goldfish for the party. I'm using the guest room as a base of operations and when I put everything out there, I was pleased to see how much I had accomplished; then--yoicks!--I realized how much still has to be done.
Got Brussel sprouts, broccoli, and lemons at Tucker Tom's. Took a dry run to Bass River, as I want to go on the hike on Sunday. Stopped at the park office and got directions; we meet at the Batona Trailhead, a dirt road, only about seven miles from here.
Talked to Alison, who will be down tomorrow to go with me to BJs for more party items. She was baby-sitting for her grandkids, Lindsay and Lucas, as she does every Thursday evening. Had a good talk, discussing the party, of course. We're now up to about 60 adults and 4 kids and we haven't heard from everybody yet.
Wrote out the three recipes for Barb D. and St. Teresa's cookbook. I'm giving her crystal pickles, my Molloy's Irish creme, and a bread pudding recipe I just took off the Internet.
Brother Larry called and we talked about our excursion to D.C. for Jim's anniversary on the 28th. I'm going to call niece Chrissy to see if there's a closer place to stay than the Hampton Inn in Leesburg.
Today, I go to Betty's for brunch and am looking forward to it. I'll stop at Santori's on the way home.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

I feel like I'm living vicariously with the preparations for the party. What a blast it'll be.
I don' think I know 60 people who'd come this far for a party.
I guess I just moved around too much.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...